Monday 31 May 2010

Bubble Dreams - Why a new blog and why this?

I felt I needed a new blog because lately I've been thinking a lot deeper about some things and I thought that if I posted those thoughts on my cooking blog that it wouldn't quite fit the mood of it. The last thing I wanted was for my already unpopular blog to lose what few viewers it has (at this time of writing at least, I'm hopeful still!) so I decided to make a new blog so I can write about any subjects that have particularly been plaguing my mind. There'll be no post quota like with my other blog, this'll just be written as the thoughts come... so whether that's 3 posts a day or 3 posts a month, that's how my mind works!

In regards to the name though, it'll probably take a few paragraphs to explain. It's from a Lady GaGa song (Speechless) and that's quite typical of me, but I didn't choose it because she sung it or because of something she said in reference to it but more because it's a phrase that I loved as soon as I heard it and one that's taken on a meaning, for me, that I quite like.
Dreams are rather like bubbles, when you think on it. They're very fragile and can disappear before they've gone anywhere but each and every one has the same potential, can shine in the light just as much as any other and has this power to completely captivate people.
Bubbles are something that I loved as a child and it's something that has stayed with me until now, don't ask me why! There's just something about them. They're so weightless yet they bring such presence to a place, they're clear yet always noticable in the light when they shine and they bring back childhood memories and conjur deep thoughts within me.
There's a sense of irony then, I suppose, that Lady GaGa, a famous person whom I admire so much, then dresses in bubbles and sings about them. Perhaps on a very subconscious level I was drawn to those qualities about her? I'm not complaining though, it's given me a name for my blog that I like very much and one that I hope you, the reader, will also like.

That's all from me for now. I wish you all a good day or night, depending on your location, and I hope that you have enjoyed reading.
- Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment